4 medium sized potatoes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of salt
A generous dash of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Handful each of fresh herbs like basil and Italian parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
How to make homemade Gnocchi:
- Boil the potatoes with skins still on for about 40 minutes.
- Take potatoes off the heat once you can pick them with a fold and can traverse through them without resistance.
- Drain and then peel them.
- Now smash the potatoes well and then crack the egg over it.
- Don’t fully stir in the egg, just mix it in so that the mixture becomes sticky.
- Add 1 cup of the flour in gradually to ensure the dough has a firm (but not dry) consistency. Keep a little flour aside for final gnocchi rolling.
- Judging the amount of flour can be a little tricky but the less flour you use, the more tender the gnocchi will be.
- Once the dough is ready, break it apart and roll into cylinders.
- Cut the cylinders into small pieces.
- Powder the pieces in remaining flour and mould the pieces into small cylinder shapes.
- Boil a large pot of water and add a pinch on salt and our olive oil.
- Add freshly made gnocchi and boil until gnocchi starts to float, this should only take two minutes.
- Drain gnocchi and drizzle with sauce or a generous dash of our Olive Oil