Pineapple Banana and Coconut Cobbler
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut oil
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup + ½ cup Coconut Sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pottle Coconut Yoghurt
1 fresh Dole pineapple
1 Dole banana
¼ cup pure maple syrup
A handful shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 355°F, the top and tail the pineapple and cut in quarters lengthways; discard the outer peel and the core. Cut 1 quarter into wedges and set aside. Cut the remaining pineapple into small bitesize chunks.
- In a baking dish, place Olivado Coconut oil and melt in the oven. While the coconut oil is in the oven, mix ¾ cup coconut sugar, coconut yoghurt, cinnamon and flour. If your mixture is too thick, add some pineapple juice or water to loosen slightly.
- Pour the flour mixture over the hot melted coconut oil. Quickly toss the pineapple chunks with coconut sugar in a bowl, then drop into the batter with a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the sliced bananas and bake for 30-40 minutes until cooked and golden.
- While the cobbler is in oven, heat a little coconut oil in a grill pan or a frying pan. Brush the pineapple wedges with maple syrup and cook until the pineapple is warmed through and golden. Set aside.
- Serve the hot cobbler with grilled pineapple wedges, sprinkles of shredded coconut and more coconut yoghurt.