Korean chilli chicken
3-4 cups hot steamed rice
10cm / 4in cucumber cut into matchsticks
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
4 Tbsp + 1 tsp Natural Avocado Oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
4 tsp brown sugar
6 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
3 tsp Olivado EV Sesame oil
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra to season
300g / 10.5oz chicken mince
1 cup shelled edamame
2 cups sprouts
1 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
250g / 8.8oz Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine cucumber, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon of Avocado oil and leave to marinade.
2. In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, Olivado EV Sesame oil, and pepper. Add chicken mince to the mixture and mix well using a fork to break the mince up. Cover and refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of Natural Avocado oil in medium-hot skillet and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes, then set aside.
4. Lightly stir fry the sprouts, the carrots and edamame separately one after another in the same pan adding some Avocado cooking oil in between if necessary. Set aside.
5. Add 1 tablespoon Avocado oil to the pan and cook chicken with marinade, stirring frequently to separate the mince until cooked through (about 7 minutes). Mix cooked mushrooms and chilli sauce, then heat through.
6. While the chicken is cooking, fry eggs in a separate frying pan. Take care not to overcook the eggs.
7. Divide hot steamed rice in individual bowls. Top with chicken and mushrooms, sprouts, carrot, edamame and cucumber. Place a fried egg in the middle of each bowl.
8. Pour soy sauce over rice bowls and season with black pepper if desired.