Xmas Prawn Cocktail
1 twin pack cos sweet petite
2 cups raw prawns
Some large tiger prawns for garnish
Olivado Avocado Cooking Oil
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
1 large ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, diced
1 lemon cut into wedges
A handful of chopped mint
A handful of chopped parsley
For the cocktail sauce
⅓ cup mayonnaise
⅓ cup Sour Cream
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Well chilled Pinot Gris goes very well with this delicate prawn cocktail.
- Separate the leaves of the little gem lettuce, wipe clean. Arrange on serving platter.
- Cook small prawns in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until completely pink and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the cocktail sauce ingredients together, season.
- Combine the cooked prawns, cocktail sauce and herbs in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Over a high heat in a fry pan drizzle some avocado oil and fry off the large tiger prawns with pinch of chilli flakes until pink and caramelised - around 3-5 minutes.
- Top each lettuce cup with a spoonful of prawn cocktail mixture, sliced avocado, a chilli tiger prawn and a sprinkle of extra herbs. Serve with lemon wedges and devour!