Rosemary, Lemon, Honey & Macadamia Oil Cake
For the Cake
4 large eggs
½ cup organic golden sugar<
2 lemons - 1 zested, 2 juiced<
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 sprigs Rosemary - finely chopped
½ cup Olivado EV macadamia nut oil
1 cup ground almonds
½ cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
For the glaze
1 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp rum
Rosemary sprigs to garnish
Vanilla Bean Ice cream
We baked the cake in a springform Pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold through sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the honey glaze. In a saucepan over a medium heat bring the honey, rum and lemon juice to a gentle simmer. Give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s hot. Remove from the tin once cool and dot with some rosemary sprigs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.