Crispy Quinoa Tofu
block firm tofu sliced
2 egg whites
½ cup quinoa
½ cup panko
Olivado Avocado cooking oil
For the cucumber salad
a 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 small lime, zest grated
1 tablespoon Olivado Extra Virgin Sesame Oil
Handful thai basil & mint leaves, chopped
For the dipping sauce
- Place the quinoa, panko, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until fluffy.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large non-stick fry pan or wok over high heat. Dip the tofu slices in the egg white, press into quinoa mixture to coat, then slide into the hot oil. Deep fry the tofu in batches for 1-2 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To make the cucumber salad. Ribbon the cucumber with a peeler. Place the cucumber ribbons in a bowl. Add the lime zest, Olivado Sesame oil, salt, ginger, thai basil and mint. Toss well.
- Serve tofu with cucumber salad, garnish with watercress and a small pot of dumpling sauce