Olivado Tomato Soup
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
700g tomatoes—peeled, seeded and chopped, with juices
1 tsp tomato paste
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp chipotle sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, along with the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, chipotle and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the tomatoes are broken down, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth.Serve with a drizzle of oil and a sprig of parsley.