Baby Cos and Crouton Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons Olivado extra virgin avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 fresh red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons Olivado extra virgin sesame oil
- 2 slices crusty bread, cut into cubes
- 1 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds to garnish
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and toast the cubes of bread until golden.
Drain on kitchen towels and sprinkle with salt.
To serve, place the cos wedges, spring onion and chives and dollop half of the dressing. Season.
Place on a serving platter and scatter the croutons over the top and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: Serve this salad as an entree or alongside your favourite chicken dish as a main meal.