This recipe marries the flavours of melted cheese and mushroom to create a quesadilla that can be enjoyed as a snack or a meal. Check it out here.
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado oil, divided measure
1 onion, diced
600g / 21oz portobello mushrooms, chopped
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup mozzarella cheese, or your favourite, grated
170g / 6oz cream cheese
1. On medium heat, keep a large frying pan and heat 2 Tbsp oil in it. Add the chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cumin in the pan.
2. Put a lid over the pan and let it cook for 6-8 minutes, until you can see the mushrooms getting dry and releasing their juices. Remove lid and cook for 4-6 minutes so that the juice released by mushrooms dries off.
4. Turn off the flame and remove the pan. Add the grated cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
5. Take a spoon and spread a cup mushroom mixture over one half tortilla and leave a 2cm border around the edges.
6. Top with another tortilla in such a way that it encloses the filling. Carefully wipe the pan with an oiled paper towel and keep on medium flame.
7. Cook the quesadillas for 3-4 minutes each until both the sides turn golden brown in colour and the filling seems to be melting.
Serve fresh and warm with chilli sauce.