Coconut Crumbed Prawns
Yields6 ServingsPrep Time25 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time40 mins
This absolutely mouth-watering dish will have friends and family begging for more! Check out the full recipe and instructional video here:
300g / 10.5oz shelled and deveined prawns
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup dessicated coconut
½ cup plain flour
2 eggs, beaten
Avocado Cooking oil
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp minced ginger
- Lay your prawns on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine the panko and coconut. Crumb the prawns by dusting in flour, dipping in egg, then coating in the panko mix. Place onto a plate.
- Bring a generous drizzle of oil to a medium high heat in a frying pan. Once hot, pan fry the prawns until golden brown and cooked through; around 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the prawns are cooking, make the dipping sauce by stirring together the sweet chilli, soy, spring onion and ginger.
- Serve the prawns immediately alongside the dipping sauce.