Learn how to cook this amazing chicken schnitzel with mushrooms fried in avocado oil, served with a beautiful white wine sauce. Full recipe here:
2 skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup plain flour
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Avocado Cooking Oil
2 tablespoons butter
250g / 8.8oz mushrooms roughly sliced
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup white wine
300ml / 10fl.oz cream
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Use a meat mallot or rolling pin to flatten the chicken breasts to 1-2cm / 0.4 - 0.8in thick, then cut each breast in half.
2. In three separate bowls, place the beaten egg in one, flour in another (seasoned) and the breadcrumbs and sesame in the last bowl. Pane the chicken pieces by coating in flour, dipping in egg then coating in the crumb mixture. Lay on a plate then set aside.
3. To make the mushroom sauce, bring a pan to medium heat. Melt the butter with a drizzle of Avocado cooking oil then, when hot, add in the mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they start to colour and soften, then reduce the heat to medium low. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the wine (if desired) to deglaze the pan, and leave until reduced by half. Follow with the cream, and leave to reduce to your desired consistency (sauce will thicken).
5. While the sauce is reducing, cook the chicken pieces in a medium hot frying pan with a generous amount of Avocado cooking oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side, ensuring that the chicken is cooked through.
6. When the mushroom sauce is cooked, add the chopped fresh parsley.
Serve the chicken schnitzel with the mushroom sauce over the top, more fresh parsley alongside your desired side dish.