BBQ Mussels with Garlic Bread
Yields6 ServingsPrep Time10 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time25 mins
Check out the method and watch the video on how to make this delicious BBQ Mussels with Garlic Bread, brought to you from Olivado's recipe book.
1½kg / 3.3lbs greenshell mussels
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
A handful of parsley, finely chopped
50g / 1.7oz butter, cubed
½ cup white wine
½ cup cream
1 loaf garlic bread
Extra Virgin Avocado oil to drizzle
Extra parsley to garnish
- Preheat barbecue to medium/high (around 180°C / 356°F)
- In a heavy based pan on the BBQ, fry off the the garlic, shallot, parsley, butter, white wine and cream in the butter wine has burnt off and sauce is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon each mussel half with sauce and pop on the bbq shell side down.
- Cook on the barbecue, lid closed, for 5 minutes until bubbling.
- Cook the garlic bread on barbeque with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil until charred.
- Transfer mussels to a plate. Garnish with some extra parsley.
- Serve with a side of garlic bread and lemon wedges.