Organic and Fair Trade Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
extra virgin oils
Free delivery when ordering 3 or more bottles.
The smooth, buttery taste of ripe Fuerte avocado. It’s perfect for gentle heating in a frying pan as well as high heat of up to 255°C. Drizzle over salads and vegetables and it’s great with seafood too.
The many uses of avocado oil include:
- Panfrying and wok cooking – vegetables, fish, meat
- Roasting, baking, grilling
- Drizzle over cooked vegetables for added flavour and goodness
- Add a little lemon, lime or vinegar for a simple salad dressing
- Dips, sauces and marinades
- It’s also excellent for skin and hair, externally as well as internally!
Olivado’s Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil is one of the healthiest edible oils in the world.
Why is Avocado Oil so important? Well, the benefits include:
- Having one of the highest levels of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (in comparison with other oils)
- Up to four times more beta-sitosterol than olive oil, to assist in lowering cholesterol
- High levels of alpha- and beta-carotene, which protect against heart disease and cancer
- An excellent source of lutein (up to four times more than olive oil), which helps protect against macular degeneration and blindness
- A permitted EU EFSA health claim for the statement: “High in Vitamin E, being 20% of a RDA of 12mg in a 15 ml serving”
- One of the few plant sources, and the highest, of Co Q10, equal to that of most meats
- Avocado Oil ranks highest in monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, lutein, Co Q10, plant sterols and glutathione.
- A much higher smoke point (255°C/491°F) than other extra virgin oils
Olivado’s proprietary process ensures that the heathy goodness of avocado is preserved in the oil. Olivado Avocado Oil is cold pressed at temperatures below 45°C. No solvents are ever used to extract the oil from the fruit. Olivado’s avocado oil is all natural, and contains no trans fats, additives, preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Figures shown are based on average per 100ml.
Olivado developed the world’s first Extra Virgin Avocado Oil in New Zealand in 2000. Since 2007, Olivado has trained small farmers in Kenya in organic, sustainable techniques to help provide a market for their avocado crops. Olivado's Organic and Fair Trade programme has increased the standard of living for more than 10,000 people
Our Fuerte avocados, grown in the temperate climate of the Central Highlands of Kenya, produce a delicious oil that has become a firm favourite with amateur and professional chefs alike.
This, combined with the widely documented health attributes of Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, has stimulated tremendous consumer interest and made our oil the latest must-have in the pantry.
Now a leading international brand, Olivado is enjoyed in over 33 countries.