Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
extra virgin oils
Free delivery when ordering 3 or more bottles.
The smooth and mild taste of ripe Hass avocado. It’s perfect for gentle heating in a frying pan as well as high heat of up to 255°C. Drizzle over salads and vegetables and it’s great with seafood too.
The many uses of avocado oil include:
- Panfrying and wok cooking – vegetables, fish, meat
- Roasting, baking, grilling
- Drizzle over cooked vegetables for added flavour and goodness
- Add a little lemon, lime or vinegar for a simple salad dressing
- Dips, sauces and marinades
- It’s also excellent for skin and hair, externally as well as internally!
Olivado’s Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil is one of the healthiest edible oils in the world.
Why is Avocado Oil so important? Well, the benefits include:
- Having one of the highest levels of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats (in comparison with other oils)
- Up to four times more beta-sitosterol than olive oil, to assist in lowering cholesterol
- High levels of alpha- and beta-carotene, which protect against heart disease and cancer
- An excellent source of lutein (up to four times more than olive oil), which helps protect against macular degeneration and blindness
- A permitted EU EFSA health claim for the statement: “High in Vitamin E, being 20% of a RDA of 12mg in a 15 ml serving”
- One of the few plant sources, and the highest, of Co Q10, equal to that of most meats
- Avocado Oil ranks highest in monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, lutein, Co Q10, plant sterols and glutathione.
- A much higher smoke point (255°C/491°F) than other extra virgin oils
Olivado’s proprietary process ensures that the heathy goodness of avocado is preserved in the oil. Olivado Avocado Oil is cold pressed at temperatures below 45°C. No solvents are ever used to extract the oil from the fruit. Olivado’s avocado oil is all natural, and contains no trans fats, additives, preservatives or artificial ingredients.
Figures shown are based on average per 100ml.
In New Zealand, Olivado uses the Hass avocado to make its delicious and healthy extra-virgin oil. The fruit of the avocado is cold-pressed, which involves minimal processing at low temperatures, to produce one of the healthiest edible oils on the market today. The Fuerte avocado, a milder flavoured avocado with a softer skin, is also used in the Kenyan production plant.
Olivado extra-virgin avocado oil contains a rich 74% monounsaturated fatty acids. These are the ‘healthy’ fats which protect against heart disease. The oil is also an exceptionally rich source of the enzyme, CoQ10, which plays a vital role in our body’s ability to convert food into energy. Other nutritious elements include vitamin E and carotenoids, which may protect against different types of cancer.