Yields4 ServingsCook Time35 mins
Tomato soup is a comforting meal during winter. Using Olivado oils, this recipe takes the classic tomato soup up a notch. Check it out here.
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
700g / 1.5lbs tomatoes—peeled, seeded and chopped, with juices
1 tsp tomato paste
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp chipotle sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, along with the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, chipotle and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the tomatoes are broken down, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup until smooth.Serve with a drizzle of oil and a sprig of parsley.