Check out these mouth-watering Cuban-style Beef Flat-Iron Sandwiches, with our gorgeous Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. Read more here:
1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Beef Flat-Irons
Olivado Natural Avocado Oil
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 ½ cups good quality mayonnaise
1 Ciabatta loaf
2 cups watercress, stems, stalks removed
2-3 charred red capsicums, peeled, seeds removed
To garnish, 4 tablespoons French mustard, sliced dill pickles
1. Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef Flat-Irons from fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoonolive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
2. Grind the garlic, coriander, onion powder, chipotle powder, and cumin together in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.Rub half of the mix over the Silver Fern Farm Beef Flat-Irons. Mix the remaining spice mix into the mayonnaise and mixwell. Cover and set aside.
3. Slice the loaf through the middle, lengthways, then into four pieces. Lightly brush Olivado Natural Avocado Oil on the bread on one side. Heat a frying pan ona medium to high heat and grill the bread on the outsides. Set grilled bread to the side.
4. Heat pan to medium and grill the Silver Fern Farms Flat-Irons on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover the meat with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Once rested, slice the Silver Fern Farms Flat-Irons across the grain into thin pieces.
5. Assemble sandwiches starting with bottom four slices of bread, grill side down. Spread each slice with spicy mayonnaise,top with charred capsicums, watercress and sliced Silver Fern Farms Flat -Iron steaks. Serve with mustard, dill pickle and top with remaining bread.
6. Alternatively, you could use a sandwich press to toast the sandwiches.