This salad works equally as well with freekah, brown or wild rice, quinoa or barley, or any other grain of choice. Discover the recipe here:
1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions
1 tablespoon avocado oil
200g / 7oz fresh or frozen green beans
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
150g / 5.2oz sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 cup farro, washed, drained**
Juice and zest of 2 lemons
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
100ml / 3.3fl.oz Olivado Natural Avocado Oil
1. To serve, 150g / 5.2oz goats cheese, halloumi or feta cheese, fresh herbs like mint, chives, lemon wedges
2. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon Olivado Natural Avocado Oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch beans and peas for 2-3 minutes, then refresh in icy cold water. Repeat with sugar snap peas. Bring the water back to the boil and add the farro, stir and then simmer for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and allow to cool slightly.
4. Mix together lemon juice, garlic, mint, and mustard in a small jug or jar, whisk until well combined. Season to taste. Drizzle in the Olivado Natural Avocado Oil to make a thick vinaigrette. Toss half the vinaigrette with the farro, peas and beans. Set aside.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions for 3-4 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
6. To serve, arrange the grain salad and sliced Silver Fern Farm Beef Medallions on a plate, serve with extra lemon vinaigrette. And sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve and a small drizzle of Olivado Natural Avocado Oil.