Discover how to make these delicious Beef and Mushroom Dumplings with Olivado Natural Avocado oil. Recipeand video here:
1. For the filling, heat 1 tablespoon Olivado Natural Avocado oil in a medium saucepan and sauté mushrooms with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool.
2. Put mince in a medium bowl with grated ginger, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper and beef stock. Lightly stir with a fork, then cover and let marinate in the fridge while you prepare other ingredients.
3. Blend shallots and sautéd mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped.
4. When you’re ready to make the dumplings, add mushrooms and Olivado Sesame Oil to the beef mince and stir well. Place about 1½ teaspoons of filling in the centre of each wrapper. Hold the dumpling with one hand, dab the edges with water and start sealing the edges with the other hand. After folding, press the edges again to seal well.
5. Brush each dumpling with Olivado Natural Avocado oil and sprinkle with black sesame seeds before cooking.
6. Cook the dumplings in batches. Heat 1 tablespoon Olivado Natural Avocado oil in a nonstick frypan over a medium heat until it’s nice and hot. Add dumplings. Cook until the bottom side turns golden. Add 2 tablespoons water, and cover. Cook until the other side also turns golden and the dumplings are cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve warm with soy sauce and sweet chilli.