The perfect match of pork and hoisin sauce with sesame oil features in this Asian inspired dish. Check out the recipe here:
500g / 1.1lb pork belly slices, chops or steaks
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup apple juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
Extra Virgin Sesame oil
½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
2 star anise
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 Tbsp sriracha sauce (or hot sauce)
Olivado Avocado cooking oil
½ head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
1 garlic clove, sliced
To serve: cooked rice
1. Combine hoisin sauce, apple juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Olivado EV Sesame oil, Chinese five-spice, star anise, tomato sauce and chilli sauce in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat drizzle of Olivado Avocado Cooking oil in a large pan over high heat. Pan fry the pork slices for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside, and reduce the pan heat to medium.
3. Add sauce mixture to the pan, and simmer until the consistency becomes sticky and thick. Slice the pork and quickly stir through the sauce.
4. To cook the broccoli, bring another pan to a high heat. Drizzle with avocado or sesame oil, then add the broccoli to the pan. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic. Continue to stir fry until golden and tender.
5. To serve, add spoonfuls of white rice to a bowl. Top with the broccoli and pork, then eat immediately.