Spinach and Feta Pie
Yields6 ServingsPrep Time20 minsCook Time30 minsTotal Time50 mins
Create the perfect pie with this recipe for a Spinach and Feta Pie, made with a little help from Olivado's avocado oil. Full recipe and method here:
250g / 0.5lb cottage cheese with chives
200g / 7oz feta cheese
2 Tbsp pesto
2 tsp prepared mustard
8 sheets filo pastry
Extra virgin Avocado oil to brush pastry sheet [or olive oil]
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, feta, pesto, mustard and eggs and process until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry with avocado oil and top with a second sheet. Repeat with a further two sheets and use to line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Pour the filling in and smooth out evenly. Flip over the edges of the filo to cover the filling.
- Spray or brush 4 sheets of filo with a little oil and scrunch up and place on top.
- Bake at 180°C / 355°F for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.