Made with our delicious Avocado oil, this recipe for Pulled Pork and Pineapple Salsa will blow your tastebuds away!
1 ½ tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
2kg / 4.4lbs pork shoulder, bone in is best
16-20 small taco size tortillas
Avocado oil for frying
4 Tbsp mayo
Zest and juice of a lime, divided measure
1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp sugar
½ pineapple, husk removed, diced
small bunch coriander
½ red capsicum, diced
1. Combine the oregano, salt, paprika, garlic powder and chipotle powder together in a bowl. Rub spices all over pork. Wrap pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. The next day, remove plastic wrap, place pork in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
2. Combine the mayo with ½ the lime juice and set aside.
3. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a bowl and combine with onions. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes.
4. Turn grill to medium heat. Place pineapple on grill and cook 2 - 3 minutes or until dark char marks appear. Remove from grill and allow to cool. Once cool dice. Combine pineapple, coriander, capsicum, lime juice and lime zest together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. With pork still in slow cooker, use forks to shred. Cover and turn to warm setting while you fry the taco shells.
6. Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry one tortilla, 15 - 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining shells.
7. To make a taco, spoon shredded pork into a taco shell, top with a spoonful of salsa and sprinkle with pickled onions and mayo. Serve.