Crab Cakes with broad bean salad
Yields4 ServingsPrep Time15 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time35 mins
This gorgeous Crab Cake recipe made with fennel, artichoke and broad bean salad is quick and easy to make. Check out the video and full recipe here:
1 box Crab cakes
Avocado Cooking Oil for shallow frying
4 baby fennel bulbs
A jar of marinated artichokes hearts, drained
1 cup fresh/frozen broad beans, shelled and peeled
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
For the dressing
2 tsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Deep fry the crab cakes. Drain excess oil on kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Remove the base and cut the stalk from each fennel bulb. Halve the bulbs and remove the cores. Using a sharp knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the fennel into thin slices.
- Place the fennel on a serving platter, add the artichoke hearts and peeled broad beans. Sprinkle with dill.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and the extra virgin avocado oil to make the dressing. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing all over the salad. Toss well. Arrange cooked crab cakes and top with the shaved parmesan.