Skordalia is a thick puree in Greek cuisine made by combining crushed garlic with a bulky base. Discover Olivado's unique recipe here:
1. Preheat oven to 220°C / 430°F.Prick potatoes with a fork, spread on baking tray and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes until soft.
2. While potatoes are baking, toast sliced almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat,
watching carefully until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Prepare veggie sticks, by chopping carrots, celery, cucumber and red capsicum into thin
Remove potatoes from oven, slice into quarters, scoop out potato flesh and set aside.
4. Place potato skins back on baking tray, drizzle with Olivado Organic Olive Oil, sprinkle with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp.
5. While skins are baking, prepare skordalia dip. Place potato flesh into a food processor (if available) or mixing bowl.
6.Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt to form a paste, and add this to potato flesh along with olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper. Blitz in food processor, or mash carefully til smooth. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon of warm water, it should be the consistency of hummus.
7.Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with toasted almonds and a drizzle of Olivado organic olive oil.
Remove potato skins from the oven and serve with skordalia dip and veggie sticks.