These lettuce cups are incredibly easy to prepare and bring fresh Mexican flavours to the table. Check out the recipe here.
1 cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups roasted red and yellow capsicum, drained and chopped
1 can corn
1 Tbsp Avocado Cooking oil
¾ cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
½ Tbsp salt
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Small bunch coriander, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp chipotle sauce
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
12 good size lettuce leaves, iceberg works well
1. Toss the chicken, capsicum in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat a small frypan over a high heat and add the oil, add the corn and cook until just blackened. Set aside to cool. Then add it to the chicken, season with salt and pepper.
3. In another small bowl add the vinegar, sugar and salt and combine. Add the onions and cover, leave for at least 30mins.
4. In another bowl, add the chipotle sauce and mayo and combine. Set aside.
5. Arrange 3 lettuce cups on each plate. Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups. Place on some onions then drizzle over the mayo. Sprinkle with the coriander and serve.