Discover the recipe for these delicious Beef Tenderloins with Mediterranean Salsa, using our gorgeous Extra Virgin Avocado Oil. Read more here:
1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Tenderloins
1 teaspoon, Olivado organic extra virgin olive oil
½ cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
½ cup Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-3 cloves garlic, crushed
20 green olives, pitted
2-3 flat anchovy fillets, optional
2 tablespoons capers, drained
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 lemon, juice of
200g / 7oz vine ripened cherry tomatoes
1 cos lettuce, cut into quarters
To serve, baby potatoes
1. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Tenderloins from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon Olivado Organic EV Olive Oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
2. Roughly chop half of the basil leaves and place in the Olivado Organic EV Olive Oil with the garlic. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
3. To make Mediterranean salsa roughly chop the olives with the anchovies, capers, remaining basil leaves and parsley. Place in a bowl, add lemon juice and pour in half of the basil infused oil. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Tenderloins for 2-3 minutes each side.
5. Remove, drizzle with Olivado Organic EV Olive Oil infused with basil oil and allow to rest for five minutes, covered with foil. In the same frying pan turn the heat tomedium low and toss the tomatoes in the pan, until the skins are just beginning to split. Toss with a little basil oil.
6. To serve Silver Fern Farms Beef Tenderloins with blistered tomatoes and basil leaves, drizzle with basil olive oil.
Accompany with Mediterranean salsa, cos lettuce and baby potatoes.