Bacon wrapped salmon makes for a decadent meal that is easy to prepare. Combined with the addition of kumara fries and a green salad you can't go wrong. See how to make it here.
4 salmon loin chops, skin removed
4 rashers streaky bacon
2 tsp of coconut sugar
Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 large orange kumara, cut into fries
1 tsp smoked paprika
Green salad to serve
1. To wrap the salmon: using your hands, take one salmon chop and roll/shape into a round. Wrap one rasher of bacon around and secure with toothpicks. Set on a tray.
2. Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the salmon, then rub into the fish.
3. To make the kumara fries, lay the kumara on a baking tray. Drizzle with Olivado EV Avocado oil, sprinkle with paprika and season well. Place in the oven and bake 20-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
4. Preheat a pan to a medium heat, add a tablespoon of Olivado EV Olive oil. Place the salmon in the pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. For crispy bacon, stand the steaks on its side and rotate every 30 seconds. Once cooked set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
5. To serve, plate the salmon alongside the kumara fries and green salad. Serve immediately.